Tuesday 15 January 2019

Bucket List


When I first started the 500-word challenge, Jeff’s daily writing prompts weren’t arriving in my inbox in a timely fashion. Most of the time I had my piece already written before I received his e-mail and I did have my own things I wanted to write about.

Today I’m going to go back to his challenge from Day 8 and use his prompt. He says, “Just write a list.”


It’s been a while since I updated my “bucket list,” and since this is still pretty much the beginning of the year and it fills the requirements of the prompt, I thought I’d share my latest version with you. You’re welcome :)

My bucket list includes only efforts that are a) fairly specific, b)can be accomplished in one fell swoop (or almost one fell swoop), and c) are easily checked off when done. In other words, it doesn’t include things like declutter my house and keep it clean and tidy, or build deeper relationships, even though I’m working on those as well (as you know if you’ve been following my posts over the last several days).

I’ve divided them into organized categories:

Career

  •          Publish at least one picture book
  •          Finish my novel and get it published
  •          Enter and win a writing contest
  •          Have a #1 Best Seller (hey, why not dream big??)
  •          Obtain a Master’s, or equivalent, in creative writing
  •          Study under/be mentored by an accomplished (maybe even famous) author
  •          Attend one of the “big” writers’ conferences
  •          Retire from my day job! :)

Spiritual


People
  •         Visit friends who live at a distance, especially, but not limited to, Armita, Catherine, David, Debbie, Libby, and Patty
  •          Find and reconnect with friends from elementary school: Gillian and Susan

Tasks

  •          Finish my son’s baby book
  •          Organize my photos and catch up on my photo albums
  •          Create a book for my son using Shutterfly (I've already done one for my daughter)
  •          Create a scrapbook for both of my kids

Health and Fitness

  •          Lose 5-8 pounds
  •         Take a ballroom dancing class, despite my two left feet
  •          Learn krav maga

Practical

This used to include things like learning how to sew, knit/crochet, make jams/preserves, etc. Now I am older and wiser. There are certain things I am just never likely to undertake. Do you have any suggestions in this category?

Travel

  •          Sweden
  •          United Kingdom (Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland again, but also England and Scotland)
  •          Vancouver Island
  •          Manitoulin Island
  •          Bermuda
  •          Curacao
  •          Chincoteague
  •          Colorado (again)
  •          Tennessee – not just passing through
  •          Texas (because that’s where Libby is)
  •          Drive the US west coast from Washington to southern California
  •          Four Corners (where Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah meet) – also visit Canyonlands, Monument Valley, Arches National Park, Canyon de Chelly

What’s on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and try to reply to each one!